UK set to build wall to stop migrants from reaching Bratain

UK: Donald Trump said it, but now the UK are actually doing it after it announced that it was set to build a 4-meter high wall extending one kilometre through the northern French port city of Calais to prevent migrants trying to reach the UK from Calais said British officials on Wednesday.
According to Home Office Minister Robert Goodwill, the kilometre-long fence is part of a 17 million pound package of security measures agreed to by Britain and France in March, adding that the construction will begin "very soon.''

Thousands of migrants from the Middle East and Africa have journeyed to Calais, as they expect to enter the UK illegally by stowing away on trucks and trains through the Channel Tunnel.

Work on the wall which is scheduled to begin later this month should be completed by the end of this year.

The development comes after truckies organized a protest earlier in the week over conditions at the port that have left many fearing for their lives, or subject to violent attacks by migrants who are desperate to stowaway on trucks going to the UK.

Drivers complained that their windscreens are being smashed with metal bars or being ambushed by burning branches on the road left by migrants desperate to make them slow down so they can jump their trucks.
 
 
 
 

No comments

Thanks for viewing. Your comments are appreciated.

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomo TIMES, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.

Need to contact us for Eyewitness news, Gossips reports, Adverts?
Email us on; olomotimes@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.