Young man seeks help after discovering that his kidney was illegally harvested during surgery in Abuja
A young man who reportedly went to a hospital in Abuja for medical treatment has been left facing a disturbing mystery after scans allegedly indicated that his left kidney was missing.
The case was brought into the public spotlight by social media activist VeryDarkMan, who said the man visited his office on August 18, 2026, seeking assistance over what he believed had happened during his hospital visit.
VeryDarkMan said he subsequently took the young man for scans on August 18 and 19, with the results reportedly showing that the left kidney was absent.
The claim has not been independently verified, and no hospital or medical authority has publicly confirmed the alleged removal. Police are reportedly investigating the circumstances surrounding the case.
Friend allegedly led him to hospital
According to the account shared by VeryDarkMan, the young man had gone to the hospital accompanied by a friend.
He later became suspicious that something had gone wrong while he was receiving treatment and allegedly accused a doctor of removing his kidney without his consent.
But the investigation reportedly took an unexpected turn when attention shifted to the friend who had accompanied him.
VeryDarkMan said the friend was eventually identified as the person who allegedly lured the young man to the hospital.
In his account, he said:
“We later confirmed that it was one of his friends who lured him to the hospital, where his kidney was removed.
“The Nigeria Police immediately moved to make an arrest. On getting there, they arrested his friend, only to discover that his own kidney had also been removed. His friend reportedly sold his own kidney for ₦7 million.
“From the information I have gathered so far, a lot of people living in that area have sold their kidneys.”
The allegations have not been established in court, and it remains unclear from publicly available information where or under what circumstances either kidney was allegedly removed.A case raising bigger questions
The account has generated concern not only over the alleged incident involving the young man, but also over the claim that other residents in the area may have sold their kidneys.
That allegation requires independent investigation and verification.
The discovery reportedly made during the police operation — that the friend who allegedly lured the young man also had a kidney removed — has added another layer to an already unusual case.
VeryDarkMan's original account of the incident is publicly available on his social-media channel, where he described it as “one of the scariest cases” he had become involved in.
Police investigation expected to provide answers
For now, several critical questions remain unanswered.
It is unclear what medical procedure the young man underwent, whether a kidney was surgically removed, whether he had any prior medical condition involving the organ, and which facility was involved.
It is also unclear whether the alleged N7 million kidney sale by the friend can be independently established.
Those details will ultimately have to come from medical records, hospital authorities and investigators rather than social-media accounts.
The case therefore remains an allegation under investigation, rather than a confirmed case of illegal organ harvesting.
If the claims are substantiated, however, the investigation could expose a much wider organ-trafficking network in Abuja and raise serious questions about how vulnerable people are being recruited and exploited.
For now, the central question is stark: how did a young man who went to a hospital for treatment reportedly leave with one less kidney — and who authorised it?


No comments
Thanks for viewing. Your comments are appreciated.
Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomo TIMES, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.
Need to contact us for Eyewitness news, Gossips reports, Adverts?
Email us on; olomotimes@gmail.com