World leaders blasts North Korea over nuclear test
US President Barack Obama, who was earlier on Friday briefed by National Security Adviser Susan Rice on board Air Force One about reported seismic activity near North Korea's nuclear test site, stated that any provocative actions by North Korea would have "serious consequences."
In the same vein, China said it "resolutely opposes'' North Korea's nuclear test and "intensely urges'' Pyongyang to abide by its non-proliferation promises, while Japan described the act as a grave threat to its national security.
"Australia utterly condemns the reckless provocative, dangerous action by North Korea today with this nuclear test," Turnbull told reporters.Australia Foreign Minister Julie Bishop,who is currently in London, described North Korea's action as provocative adding that the country should instead do more to help its own people.
The country's latest underground nuclear blast, detected on Friday, is Pyongyang's fifth atomic test and the second in eight months and appeared to have produced the largest explosive yield of any of the tests.
Also condemning test, France president in a statement said;
"France vigorously condemns the new nuclear test that was conducted last night by North Korea and calls the United Nations' security council to take up this violation of its resolutions."The head of the United Nation's nuclear watchdog said the test was "deeply troubling" and in defiance of Security Council resolutions.
The International Atomic Energy Agency Director Yukiya Amano criticizing the test, said;
"This is in clear violation of numerous UN Security Council resolutions and in complete disregard of the repeated demands of the international community."In a statement strongly condemning the test, South Korean President Park Geun-hye said the act showed the "fanatic recklessness of the Kim Jong Un government as it clings to nuclear development'' adding that "It is a deeply troubling and regrettable act."


No comments
Thanks for viewing. Your comments are appreciated.
Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomo TIMES, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.
Need to contact us for Eyewitness news, Gossips reports, Adverts?
Email us on; olomotimes@gmail.com