Football Paper Round: Gareth Bale will sign a new Real Madrid deal despite interest from Manchester United

Gareth Bale to stay at Real Madrid
Gareth Bale is on the verge of signing an incredibly lucrative new contract at Real Madrid, according to AS. Bale has been regularly linked with a return to the Premier League, with Manchester United the most frequently suggested destination, but Real are reportedly happy with the player's progression and are ready to tie him down to a six-year deal.
The Wales international's performances at Euro 2016 are also said to have been impressed the Madrid hierarchy, who are hoping for Bale to continue his impressive development at the club by offering him a staggering €417,000 a week.

Big Sam gets a lucky break
Sam Allardyce has revealed that there might have been more to England's late winner against Slovakia than simply a cross by Danny Rose and a finish by Adam Lallana - reports the Daily Mail. The new England boss told reporters after the game that he had been given a "lucky coin" but a young Slovakian boy prior to the game, which will now come along with him on England's road to Russia.
" I had it with me in my pocket, we won, so it'll stay with me," Allardyce said. "I'm not really superstitious but I'm going to keep it. It's got us a last-minute winner. I wonder how far it will take us."
Wayne Rooney's midfield mess
The continued use of Wayne Rooney as a midfielder is wrong for the player and bad for the England team - according to The Times. The England captain was supposed to be playing as a No. 10 against Slovakia on Sunday night, but he repeatedly drifted deeper in the game and ended up playing more as a central midfielder than a forward. However, Allardyce caused concern with his post-game comments that Rooney could play "wherever he wanted to" and that he "can't stop Wayne playing there" when asked about the unexpected midfield move for his skipper. Allardyce later explained his thinking, by revealing that the reality of Rooney's playing position hadn't been the plan for the game, although that is almost as much cause for concern.
Source: Eurosport

No comments

Thanks for viewing. Your comments are appreciated.

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Olomo TIMES, Readers are SOLELY responsible for their comments.

Need to contact us for Eyewitness news, Gossips reports, Adverts?
Email us on; olomotimes@gmail.com

Powered by Blogger.