Bodies of 85 African migrants, including 2 children found on the coastal town of Zuwara, Libya
Libya: The
bodies of at least 85 African migrants who drowned trying to cross the
Mediterranean sea was on Thursday found washed up near the city of Zuwara, western Libya, said a Red Crescent official.
There were series of reports last week of Hundreds
of migrants who died in boat mishaps in the Mediterranean sea as movements from Libya toward Europe escalated.
According to Al-Khamis
al-Bosaifi, majority of the migrants are from sub-Saharan
Africa, it wasn't clear when they drowned as the bodies were decomposed.
The bodies of two children were among those recovered,
he said.
Coastguards intercepted more than 450 migrants in
four separate boats last week.
According to survivors, two of the boats were deflated with more than 100 people believed to had
drowned.
A
coastguard spokesman in Tripoli said no migrant boats had been
intercepted over the past two days, with tougher seas preventing
patrols.
More 40,000 migrants have crossed the Mediterranean
Sea from Libya to Italy by paying smugglers hundreds of dollars for the
risky trip.
Their deaths will add to a horrific tally from last week, in
which an estimated 900 to 1,000 migrants lost their lives at Mediterranean sea.
.



Lord have mercy people dying because of greener pastures
ReplyDelete